Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Progress!

I finally feel like I am making good progress with my project! This is very exciting. Now that I have spent plenty of hours in the computer lab over the course of this class I feel pretty comfortable with GarageBand which is also a plus.
My interviewee for the story and I have been having trouble getting together over the past couple of weeks, and I have been needing to interview him one last time to get some final details squared away. After a busy day of classes, work, and group meetings, I just happened to literally bump into my guy! It was great. I happened to have my recorder on me as well so I was able to catch him on his walk home and get the scoop I needed to help complete my story.
I was able to go to the computer lab for a couple of hours and mix everything around and make some good edits. I am feeling pretty good about where I stand right now. I am very pleased with the progress I made editing today; so now it is down to the last few steps.
I wish they were simple, but that is far from the case...I need to a) cut my story from 8 minutes and 31 seconds down to no more than 8 minutes and b) figure out how and where I am going to incorporate some music. The timing will definitely be a challenge seeing that I have already cut so much out of the story and I feel that cutting too much out really takes away from the story as a whole. In the case of this story, it really is the details, descriptions, and expressions that make it so great. I am working hard not to lose the essence of the story while fitting it into the time-slot allowed for the class. Figuring out the music should be fun. It is not entirely necessary to include it, but I think it could really add something to the story. Timing will definitely contribute to the music so we'll see how it turns out.
I'm just happy about the progress I have been able to make, and I am starting to get really excited to see how it turns out!

No comments: