Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Admit It: You Sing While You're Driving"

Do you sing while you're driving? I have to admit that I have been guilty of singing in the car many many times! It's hard to resist when a great song comes on the radio or you are playing a fun mix. There is something about singing in the car that makes driving so much more fun...it even gives me a sense of relief. I don't know if I could pinpoint a particular song as my favorite, mostly because it depends entirely on my mood. Some days I might prefer a ballad whereas other days I want something really upbeat.
Betsy Gerboth, a writer for NBC11 recently wrote an article about singing in the car ("Admit It: You Sing While You're Driving"). It is pretty amusing to learn about her musical journey in the car, and how she always manages to have a hoarse voice after a long drive (I don't know if my singing is ever that extreme!) She interviewed several people to find that there is quite a variety of song choices for what people prefer to sing while driving. So what is your favorite song to sing? If you can admit that you sing at all...
For more fun storied from Betsy Gerboth, check out her pop culture column, Culture Shocked in NBC's entertainment section every Wednesday.



No comments: